I know, I know, we don’t really need another navigation app and we all use Google Maps anyway because it’s just the best. But the crowd-sourced navigation app Waze is becoming the trend these days and they have decided to make it part of Android Auto which means it becomes standard equipment on cars that come with the system.
Of course, you may already be using Waze, but its integration into Android Auto you no longer have to fondle your phone for half an hour every time you want to go somewhere. The system now works via your vehicle’s in-car display, touch screens, steering wheel buttons, and other console-mounted controls. All it takes is connecting your Android phone to the USB port in a car that supports Android Auto. That means no wireless connectivity, we guess. Didn’t know people still used wires, but hey.
Follow Our Channel for New Videos Everyday:
- Navigate to all your most frequented destinations as pre-programmed in your Waze app in one tap—we’re talking home, work and your Waze favorites.
- Start any drive using voice command “OK, Google” to tell Waze your destination and get on the road even quicker.
- Receive visual and audio alerts to keep you informed of what’s ahead and find the fastest routes. Bonus: you’ll enjoy a larger map with bigger views of alerts, hazers and more.
- Access your personalized Waze experience from your phone on your car’s bigger screen.
- Easily view your ETA Panel, which organizes everything you need in one place so you can seamlessly check alternate routes and adjust your sound settings.
- Help other Wazers on the road through a visual reporting menu.